Visible World is the leading provider of targeted TV advertising solutions. Our technology makes television advertising inventory more valuable for inventory holders, advertisers, and viewers. Visible World’s HighYield tech stack is an end-to-end programmatic TV ad sell-side platform. Whether through programmatic sales infrastructure, household addressability, automated versioning, or Smart TV insights, Visible World offers the most complete automated solution for targeting, selling, and managing impression-based television ad campaigns.
Since 2000, we have been developing technology that makes TV advertising more efficient and effective—we’ve been awarded 24 U.S. patents to date for technology we developed in house, and more are on the way. However, we’re not just doing R&D. Today, Visible World empowers more than 300 advertisers to deliver more targeted, effective and accountable local TV ad campaigns to consumers in approximately 80% of U.S. cable homes in 210 DMAs and our household addressable footprint includes 3 million homes. Smart TV DNA™ is used by over a dozen leading networks to track their program promotion campaigns. Our AudienceXpress group is using the HighYield platform to lead the programmatic TV ad buying industry. Visible World employees operate at the cutting edge of TV technology. In June 2015, Visible World became a subsidiary of Comcast, joining one of the most innovative media and technology companies in the country. Come help us craft the future of TV.
The Vice President of Engineering reports to the Chief Technology Officer. The role entails managing and growing the Engineering department. The Engineering department consists of a handful of engineering teams that focus on a specific technology domain (UI & Workflow, Core Data Platform, Optimization & Algorithms, Big Data, Advertising Delivery). Each team is run by a Tech Lead. Teams work in an agile manner, with monthly sprints.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Personnel management – direct or indirect supervision over all Engineering staff (developers, Tech Leads, QA). This includes hiring, coaching, and talent development.
- Program management and Execution – manage plans, timelines, and interdependencies between different engineering teams.
- SDLC – Manage and improve the Software development and release process, with special attention to automated testing, DevOps, and scalable development.
- Technical Leadership – interface with Product Management and other business functions.
- BA in Computer Science or related discipline required, MS or MA degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- 12+ years of previous experience in a VP Engineering position, overseeing at least 35 Software Engineers
- Deep experience with agile development methodologies, automated testing, release processes, etc.
- Experience with managing “matrix development organizations” (multiple engineering teams / domains, and multiple end-to-end products)
- Experience with developing and maintaining Cloud-based software platforms (SAAS).
- Strong People manager
- Passion for managing engineering organizations, and bringing them from “start-up mode” to more scalable development process (without losing the “startup mentality”).
- Ability to successfully negotiate effort, timelines, features.
- Team player.
- Openness to learn, and foster continuous innovation.
- Work ethic highlighted by willingness to “roll up the sleeves” to get into the details required to get the job done.
- High integrity
Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V