True Fit is an exciting venture-backed retail technology (SaaS) company that delivers personalized fit recommendations to the world’s leading footwear and apparel retailers. This revolutionary invention is a major breakthrough for the retail industry. Sales of online footwear and apparel continue to be the fastest growing category in eCommerce, yet online sales still only make up 10% of the $300Bn footwear and apparel market. Hesitancy about unsure fit is the number one reason that consumers are unwilling to shop online, and poor fit is cited as the primary reason why ~40% of all of the apparel products sold online are returned. True Fit’s software solves this problem with market leading proprietary software that virtually tries on every product for a consumer, by matching individuals to clothing and footwear that fits and flatters.
True Fit is seeking an exceptional UX / Usability Lead with strong consumer web experience who is passionate about making onscreen user interactions (web, mobile, iPad) easy for consumers and committed to best-in-class UX principles.
Reporting directly to the CoFounder and being the most senior UX person on staff, you’ll be engaged in all stages of product development—from obtaining initial product requirements, wire framing, and UX interaction design, to ongoing benchmarking of in-production solutions and competitive products. You’ll be challenged to establish criteria for regular usability testing as well as synthesize and present findings and recommendations from usability to the product team to quickly implement improvements into the product. The ideal candidate should be passionate about making life easy for the end user.
- Obtain and establish product requirements based on internal product roadmap, customer feedback, insights from analytics, and end-user feedback.
- Develop, prioritize, and promote design recommendations based on usability principles, testing, research, external research, best practices, and other data Design and conduct or manager 3rd parties in rigorous usability tests, analyze data, and communicate findings
- Create and design comprehensive wireframes and stories to be used by creative teams and engineering to skin and build product
- Recruit and screen usability test participants and maintain contact database, or work with external resources for recruiting test participants and administering tests and focus groups.
- Possess keen analytical ability, particularly with regards to insights into observed human behavior
- Present usability findings in compelling ways that make the user’s voice heard
- Conduct site visits/contextual inquiries, focus groups and/or other research to identify, understand, and prioritize user needs and workflows
- Work with managers, development teams, designers and copywriters to provide guidance on design specifications
- Provide data, advice, and insight based on experience and research to help create useful, efficient, and intuitive products that meet user needs
- Use a variety of analysis methods including lab-based and remote usability testing, paper prototyping, expert reviews, card sorts, contextual inquiries, and task analyses
- Assist in tracking usability issues in database
- Contribute to design guidelines and best practices to ensure that True Fit offers a consistent user experience which meets best practices for user interface design standards.
- Experience designing, developing, Web 2.0 applications and user experiences
- Resourceful UX/Usability professional with a solid understanding of assessment techniques, including 5 -7 years experience in providing UX / Usability services to organizations.
- Ability to manage UX / Usability activities for multiple projects at once, and to guide teams in adopting a user centered design process.
- Proven interview and observation skills.
- Track record in complex software, including 5+ years’ experience working collaboratively with interactive/visual designers as part of a user experience team (or equivalent).
- Experience using relevant visual software tools for creating wireframes. Proficiency with photoshop a plus.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships; work collaboratively across internal organizations.
- Ability to switch gears, juggle multiple projects and work within tight deadlines.
- Engaging and articulate written and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.