TheLadders has retained Magnet Agency to identify a Senior Interaction Designer to join it’s mission to match “the right person for the right job.”
The Senior Interaction Designer at TheLadders is integral to the creative process and plays a pivotal role in the strategy, conception and design of TheLadders web and mobile products. The Senior Interaction Designer at TheLadders will report to the Director of UX and Design. Preference will be given to people who demonstrate a combination of strategic, conceptual and design chops.
TheLadders is an Agile, Lean environment. A Senior Interaction Designer at TheLadders partners with a visual designer, product manager, copy writer, and technologists to create and validate solutions for their product team. An emphasis on user research, testing, and prototyping is a must. Our environment favors conversation over documentation, and sketches and validated learning over fleshed out design comps. An enthusiasm for this approach will be required of the Senior Interaction Designer.
The Senior Interaction Designer is a leader on their product team, and therefore must be self-motivated and able to transmit user-centered thinking to the product team. The Senior Interaction Designer is often a team facilitator, where a positive attitude, strong communications skills, and a tendency to lead are required for success.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Lead problem space discovery, including generative research and (in collaboration with product managers) quantitative data analysis
- Visualize the problem space with concept models and interactive flows where necessary
- Lead and participate in the brainstorming of and creation of concepts for best-in-class user experiences
- Creation of user interface sketches, schematics, and interactive prototypes
- Design and moderation of frequent user research and testing
- Possess a solid understanding and demonstration of user centered / goal-directed design principles
- Possess a good understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
- Proven ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems
- Work closely with fellow creatives and developers to ensure the solidity of design systems
The right candidate possesses at least 5+ years experience in an Experience Design role or equivalent school work.