Magnet Agency has been exclusively retained by Lifebooker to recruit a Lead Architect for their growing offices in Dumbo, Brooklyn. While Lifebooker’s stack in Ruby On Rails, you don’t need to have Ruby experience. They will train strong engineers with a C# or Java background.Some of the interesting technical challenges you will help to solve include:
- Design: Service-Oriented, REST-ful architecture using Ruby on Rails to vertically partition data across multiple stores.
- Create: Real-time yield management software designed to normalize pricing curves for small businesses, helping them to maximize revenue.
- Develop: User-specific product recommendations using machine-learning algorithms.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is revolutionizing the local commerce space. As an engineer at Lifebooker, you will play a critical role in bringing a set of tools to local merchants that automate pricing and marketing of services in a way that has never been done before.
The ideal candidate for this position has a great work ethic and self-management skills. He or she will be a key member of the development team as we seek to further build out our product and expand both domestically and internationally. The position will be based out of our headquarters in DUMBO.
You should be opinionated and passionate about software and the software development process and love collaboration. We pride ourselves on doing things the “right” way. Our engineers play a key role in product development, working closely with the product/creative team and internal users to craft the best possible user experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience designing production-level applications (C#, Java or Ruby)
- Apache, SVN, Memcached, SQL
- Standard Rails stack tools a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong command of web standards and best practices