WeWork is the leading provider of flexible, collaborative workspace with locations in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, DC, and Seattle. Established in 2010, WeWork is revolutionizing the traditional workplace by creating collaborative environments where creative businesses and individuals can flourish.
The company has substantial financial backing and is entering a new expansion phase, with the dual objectives of expanding its physical platform (to include locations in Chicago and London among others), and developing a proprietary virtual platform — including social network, mobile application, and integrated software — to connect members everywhere.
The company is growing rapidly and is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for changing the way the world works. Please visit WeWork.com for more information.
Job Description and Qualifications
The Head of People will be responsible for launching and building a formal Human Resources Department at WeWork. He or she will be responsible for all human resource related functions including culture development, recruiting, compensation and benefits, performance measurement, team building (leveraging Summer Camp and WeSki Weekend in Vermont) and other projects determined by the skills and interests of candidate.
- Excellent recruitment skills and resources
- Passion for and experience with creating awesome cultures
- Love for developing new ways of inspiring and retaining staff
- Experience as a mentor, counselor and advisor to employees
- Experience developing and administering benefits plans, HR policies, organizational structures and training programs
- Experience executing compensation and incentive programs that reward and retain top talent
- Skilled communicator, negotiator and influencer
- Strong personality and leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge of current labor laws and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of benefits programs, providers and best practices (healthcare, 401k, transit checks, etc.)
- 4-year degree from top institution
- 10+ years experience in HR administration, recruiting, benefits administration, and/or organizational development