WeWork is the country’s fastest-growing boutique office community, revolutionizing the traditional definition of work place by providing a collaborative and creative environment where innovative businesses and individuals can flourish. With 17 locations in 7 cities and growing, WeWork has exclusively retained Magnet Agency to find its next Director of Technology (Infrastructure and Operations).
The VP of Technology will plan, design, and coordinate all technical operational activities for the WeWork Community and Staff. This includes provisioning all IT for new locations, and maintaining 24x7x365 network operations and customer support.
This individual will work directly with the senior management team and business leadership to identify, recommend, implement, and maintain appropriate technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Full lifecycle responsibilities for all IT systems and strategy including operational plans which support the overall business strategy and direction. Responsible for the technology/infrastructure vision to meet the current and future IT needs.
- New location provisioning which includes local fiber, Switches, WiFi, VOIP, A/V, security, printers, faxes, etc.
- Budgeting, designing, implementing, and maintaining all enterprise infrastructure assets including LAN’s, WAN’s, SAN’s, co-located data centers, hardware, storage, etc.
- Delivery of IT services and maintains oversight of service level agreements with vendors, suppliers and partners.
- Research, evaluation and analysis of technologies and tools taking into consideration performance, cost/benefit, scalability, risk etc. Make appropriate suggestions and decisions related to purchase and implementation of these.
- Building and maintaining system security, back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Oversee Technical Support for community of 10,000 expected to grow to 50,0000.
- Build and encourage professional development and growth plans for IT Operations teams.
- Updates, enhances and/or builds security and privacy procedures and policies.
- 10+ years of hands on enterprise infrastructure engineering/architectural experience.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience.
- Solid understanding of storage, performance tuning, clustering, network troubleshooting, scalability.
- Experience and strong understanding of network and systems design, deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting including various networking hardware and tools.
- Experience setting enterprise security standards, policies, and implementing these procedures.
- Experience building and managing high-performance teams and fostering a progressive culture.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and working across all levels of an organization.
- BS in Computer Science preferred