The premium video economy is here. The result of the massive shifts in consumer viewing habits, rapid changes in technology, and the importance of quality, premium content.
And FreeWheel sits at the very center of it all. We are privileged to call virtually all premium publishers our customers, with over 90% of the premium landscape. We have deep strategic partnerships throughout the ecosystem – across media, audience, and technology. And we are bringing them to all screens – lighting up premium content from cell phones to big screens.
Founded by a team of executives from the world’s leading technology companies, FreeWheel helps the largest players in the premium video economy generate revenue from their ad-supported content through 1) a robust technology platform for ad management and monetization, 2) a marketplace for premium video and 3) professional advisory services.
With headquarters in San Mateo, California, FreeWheel is represented globally through our offices in New York, London, Beijing and Paris. The company has a main engineering hub located in in Beijing, China.
Chief Marketing Officer
New York, NY
About the opportunity
FreeWheel is hiring a NY based VP, Brand Marketing reporting into the company’s CMO.
The successful candidate will be responsible for FreeWheel’s brand & corporate marketing for the company on a global basis. This highly visible and critical role will oversee a team empowered to define & deliver FreeWheel’s brand & corporate identity from the US and with similar efforts in the EU & global markets. Oversight will include all Brand Marketing programs and strategic initiatives including our Events portfolio, Social Media channels & Content Marketing, Creative/Design, Brand assets & corporate touch points.
Key responsibilities and requirements
- Lead the Brand marketing team, driving external positioning and brand identity, responsible for touch points including our corporate website, social channels and related assets.
- Drive brand thought leadership on behalf of FreeWheel and our client advocacy efforts
- Oversight of our creative services, design and strategic support resources.
- Development & execution of our Events portfolio including industry, trade, client and corporate
- Strategic planning, alignment, development and execution of client/revenue facing initiatives.
- Ownership of our brand & industry strategic partnerships across all sectors.
- Bachelor degree or above with an emphasis in marketing, communications or related areas.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing management, with a strong emphasis on brand & corporate marketing, strategy, events, social media & content marketing & creative services
- A minimum of 7+ years in digital advertising /ad tech /video technology.
- A passion for the media, entertainment & premium video industries.
- A strategic thinker who can lead and own strategy and execution for plans & projects.
- Ability to lead, balance, prioritize and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written) and the ability to extend to global markets.
- A strong manager with a proven record of building teams and managing them to success.
- A keen ability to build & optimize strategic relationships inside the company and out.
- Thrive in a results-oriented, competitive, social and fast-paced environments
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now? Apply here!