Location: Position based in New York with global responsibilities.
Magnet Agency is exclusively retained for this executive search.
Our client is the world’s largest digital audience buying company. Through its proprietary technology platform and deep expertise in this space, the company offers advertisers a single, comprehensive resource from which to reach and engage with global audiences across the universe of digital media.
The company’s demand side business supports the audience buying needs of advertiser and agencies by using data and technology platforms to more efficiently acquire and optimize digital media while delivering performance for clients. Our teams of programmatic experts consult on media planning efforts, execute and optimize campaigns, and provide in depth, actionable campaign reporting.
This is a high profile position with a wealth of opportunities for professional and personal growth. He/she will be hungry and ambitious to make his/her mark. He/she will be a thought leader and strategic thinker, playing a central role in evangelizing the company’s demand side business amongst his/her peers within the company and advertising partners,.
This position reports directly to the COO and is responsible for establishing the strategic vision and execution plan to implement a globally consistent demand technology roadmap.
The VP of Demand Products will support our existing, core businesses while re-imagining and improving them for the future. He/She will be tasked with creating a connected, automated, efficient and scalable platform from which to conduct media planning, programmatic buying (both execution and optimization), and demand reporting.
He/She should be well versed in the challenges and opportunities of the rapidly growing programmatic media space and able to identify and deliver the solutions the company needs to stay best in class.
He/she will work daily with Account Management and Campaign Execution teams to ensure they have the tools necessary to deliver results and exceed client expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to staff and lead a team to support the growth of the business.
- Manage the product organization in the context of a decentralized global technical organization.
- Interface with engineering counterparts to support rapid agile development.
- Create detailed business cases, technical specifications and maintain an active product roadmap to achieve both short and long-term strategic objectives allowing the company to effectively run media campaigns
- Drive detailed product requirements for cutting edge technical implementations of a demand side stack, both improving on existing technologies and designing new solutions.
- Champion clients’ needs; ideate and push forward feature enhancements and software development that further support clients’ business while aligning with the company strategy.
- Own product commercialization plan, go-to-market strategies for all supply offerings along with associated packaging and pricing, service level agreements, etc.
- Drive efforts to evaluate application solutions, conducts supporting research in build vs. buy evaluations, and assesses technical partnerships to achieve business goals.
- Identify inefficiencies in processes and propose plans to streamline operations and lower costs without compromising the health of the business.
- Establish success metrics and assess product performance to promote retention.
- Operate effectively in a complex global organization; collaborate with key players within the larger the company supply organization.
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, the ability to think and act strategically and the tools and tactics necessary to implement that strategy.
Generate Business Outcomes
- This position strongly influences revenue growth in other parts of the business (account services and client development).
- Processes implemented should directly result reduced cost of service and resource savings, and should allow Account Teams to grow agency and marketer businesses profitably.
- Help grow the company’ 400mm+ business (both top and bottom line) significantly.
- 10+ years of progressive experience working in product development; at least 2 years within the digital marketing industry
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing technology and platforms, including analytics, data warehouses, data management platforms, RTB, ad serving, DSPs across several digital media channels. (display advertising, video, mobile, social, etc.)
- Substantial experience working with broad cross-functional teams, geographically dispersed with ability to influence the opinions of internal constituencies, executives, and partners to adopt new strategies and take action
- Demonstrated success taking campaign planning, reporting, and optimization products to market and achieving rigorous, quantifiable business objectives
- Ability to ask questions and pursue excellence
- Sound business judgment and commercial acumen
- MBA highly preferred
The company is a global digital media platform that programmatically connects advertisers and publishers to audiences across all addressable channels. the company combines proprietary technology, unique data assets and exclusive media relationships with the brightest team of audience analysts, data scientists and software engineers. Advertisers working with the company achieve higher ROI from digital marketing campaigns. Publishers deliver relevant content and advertising to new and valuable audiences. the company works with over 2,700 clients across 32 markets in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.