As Vice President of Global Digital Accounts & Sales you will manage our global team of account representatives from our Los Angeles office. You will represent Kobalt as the primary relationship manager in the digital account landscape including Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon, and Deezer. Using your extensive knowledge of release protocol and operations for the individual accounts, you will build and implement successful play-list and sales campaigns on behalf of all Kobalt and AWAL artists, both directly in the US and through your team globally.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL and Kobalt Music Recordings. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, Kobalt has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen Kobalt includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Verite, Tom Misch and Ray BLK.
We’re currently over 450 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A VP, GLOBAL DIGITAL ACCOUNTS & SALES AT KOBALT DO?
- Serve as the top-level Relationship Manager for all digital accounts
- Manage Kobalt’s Global Digital Account Team
- Oversee the global release planning and prioritization processes
- Manage and constantly work to evolve Kobalt’s pitch process for digital accounts
- Create and deliver account presentations and campaign strategies
- Manage play-listing strategy, positioning and platform visibility
- Set up US & Global partnerships with the digital platforms
- Liaise with Project Leads and Head of Physical Products to formulate comprehensive sales campaigns
- Retail planning and overall account strategy
- Provide insight from a pitching perspective during the scheduling process
- Engage with clients and provide timely solutions in regards to client needs/questions
- Manage marketing and advertising budgets
- Work Closely with Senior Management to continually evolve and grow the Global Digital Account team
- Drive best practices through the company and direct to clients
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 7+ years’ experience in the music industry experience, with 2 years digital account experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business and the digital account landscape
- Must have an existing and extensive relationship network in the digital account world
- Working operational knowledge of account back-end operations
- Global outlook and understanding of international markets
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and manage high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism and poise
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.