FreeWheel is hiring a New York-based VP of DSP Sales and Account Management, reporting to the Global GM of the Markets Business Unit. This is a key member of the global Freewheel leadership team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing global Demand Side Platform operations in support of FreeWheel’s Supply Side Platform technology and Marketplace offerings. This includes DSP sales (new-name and existing), relationship management, and account management. This team is focused on integrated demand partner success by evaluating new partners and following through on strategic opportunities with existing partners by leveraging market insights, buyer analytics, and deep industry relationships. This role would ultimately be responsible for developing and executing the global strategy for DSP partners, delivering against revenue and market share objectives, and acting as the lead for relationship management with our programmatic partners’ key decision markers.
The ideal candidate for this position has demonstrable experience managing a global demand-side programmatic business and has cross industry partner contacts at senior levels.
- 10+ years of related experience in sales, business development, and/or account management within an advertising technology company (digital video experience preferred)
- A mature and well-informed view of the dynamics of cross platform digital advertising and a deep understanding of the programmatic ecosystem
- A demonstrated track record of progressive responsibility, success in building and managing strategic partnerships with leading DSPs and programmatic partners
- Ability to hire and manage a strong DSP Sales and Account Management team
- Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building, external and internal customer satisfaction management
- Solution leader: able to shape the roadmap of features requested by clients and lead discussion in relation with our Product
- Management, R&D team
- Understand the dynamics of the sell-side, most notably operations of Supply-Side Platforms and Ad Serving tech
- Experience dealing with premium publishers, including TV Broadcasters, large media organizations, aggregators, and syndication platforms
- Ability to present effectively across multiple levels in an organization including C-level audiences at our Demand Partners, FreeWheel, and Comcast
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ultra-high EQ
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 14+ years related experience
- Define and execute Demand Side Platform business development and account management strategy across FreeWheel’s global footprint
- Manage multiple teams of highly-talented DSP Business Development and Account Management professionals
- Provide tactical direction to DSP teams to onboard new demand partners, strengthen existing relationships, and expand commercial and strategic
- Develop and manage annual global operating budgets
- Lead the training and development of DSP Sales & Account Management teams
- Act as a programmatic thought leader for the FreeWheel Markets business and help drive overall business unit and company direction
- Regularly participate in both sales and account mgmt. activities and industry events
- Travels as necessary in support business objectives (prospect/client meetings, conferences, internal meetings
- Reviews and develops annual operating budgets for Product Sales.
- Redefines sales strategies and marketing plans.
- Researches and recommends new tools for Product Sales activity and enhancements for Product Sales campaigns.
- Leads the training of Product Sales personnel and all logistical aspects of the sales program.
- Develops sales incentives to align with strategies and channel deployment, as necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction with FreeWheel senior leadership. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly connect the dots between all functions, and have a deep understanding of FreeWheel technology, service offerings, and capabilities. An ability to successfully manage a smart, diverse, and extremely ambitious team (existing and new) is critical
In addition, we highly value individuals who are:
- Highly motivated to work for a leading growth technology business, and understand the difference relative to working for a large corporate company
- Optimistic with a strong sense of humor
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun every day because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?