VP, Demand Sales
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior endtoend technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
VP, Demand Sales role is responsible for leading the Demand Sales function for FreeWheel’s Markets business in North America. Accountable for developing deep relationships with advertisers, agencies, and agency trading desks with the objectives of monetizing premium digital advertising inventory in FreeWheel’s marketplace as well as advocating for adverting spend through the programmatic transaction models supported by FreeWheel’s Markets technology platforms. Responsible for building organizational structures, incentives, and team culture to maximize performance. Expected to contribute significantly to the development of FreeWheel’s Markets business strategy. Reports to SVP, North American Markets.
- Manages a team of highlytalented Demand Sales and Demand Account Management professionals
- Builds deep strategic within advertisers, agencies, and agency trading desks to understand their buying objectives and methods
- Identifies relevant programmatic video buyers and build robust pipeline of demand opportunities
- Identifies buyside trends and opportunities and communicates them throughout the organization
- Leads the training and development of Demand Sales and Demand Account Management teams
- Regularly participates in both sales and account management activities and industry events
- Develops and manages annual operating budgets
- Communicates regularly with the FreeWheel leadership team
- Exercises independent judgment in pursuit of business goals and objectives
- Travels as necessary in support business objectives (prospect/client meetings, conferences, internal meetings)
- Reviews and develops annual operating budgets for Product Sales.
- Redefines sales strategies and marketing plans.
- Researches and recommends new tools for Product Sales activity and enhancements for Product Sales campaigns.
- Leads the training of Product Sales personnel and all logistical aspects of the sales program.
- Develops sales incentives to align with strategies and channel deployment, as necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent (Advanced a plus)
- 7+ year of experience with direct digital sales to advertisers, agencies, and / or trading, generally requires 14+ years related experience
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising industry value chain, specifically including programmatic buying models
- Extensive buyside professional network among advertisers, agencies, and trading desks
- Strong record of sales achievement against quantitative targets
- Ultrahigh EQ
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate what is needed for you to be successful
- Ability to regularly collaborate with others in pursuit of joint goals and objectives
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now? Apply here!
We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. At this time, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes, please. Direct applicants only, no thirdparty staffing inquiries. FreeWheel is an equal opportunity employer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer