FreeWheel helps the largest players in the television industry make money from their ad-supported content through a robust technology platform for ad management and monetization, a private marketplace for premium television inventory, and advisory services. FreeWheel’s solutions are used by companies like ABC, AOL, DIRECTV, ESPN, NBC Universal, Sky, Turner, and Viacom to profitably monetize their professional content on desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices.
The New York-based Senior Vice President, Advisory Services, reporting to the Co-CEO, will own all aspects of FreeWheel’s expanding consulting business including P&L. This highly visible role will define FreeWheel’s various consulting offerings, work with marketing to determine ideal positioning and sales materials, and assist sales/strategic relationship managers to drive new sales and delivery of engagements. You will also directly manage the consulting team assigned with delivering this value to customers. This role will be a senior member of the management team and a highly visible contributor to the company’s overall direction, market positioning, client relationships, and employee interactions.
This is an important business line for FreeWheel and you will have the full support of the executive team to bring our consulting services to the next level. For the right candidate, this position will allow for tremendous growth opportunities as FreeWheel continues to scale as the leader in video technology for enterprise-level media companies.
Develop Advisory Service offerings
- Create, package, train, and monitor offerings to be utilized by sales team to generate revenue and/or other non-revenue benefits
- Collaborate with various internal teams (and possibly external partners if appropriate) to create offering parameters and packages
Oversee new customer sales
- Work closely with the sales team and customers to secure new engagements/projects and/or maximize other benefits of our customer relationships
- Determine and achieve the revenue and expense targets
Oversee delivery of existing projects
- Ensure that the team is executing at high levels of effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage the capacity and mobilization of the various team resources
- Oversee the delivery of existing/on-going research projects and develop new offerings
Further the FreeWheel mission
- Be a highly visible ambassador to our clients, partners and the marketplace
- Understand and actively help to shape others understanding of the dynamic nature of our industry
In order to be successful, this person must thoroughly understand:
- FreeWheel’s technology and services offerings and capabilities
- The online advertising landscape both in terms of business models, related technologies and the emerging “programmatic” ecosystem
- Traditional television business models and value chain breakdown; How those models are being challenged as professional video delivery architectures migrate to internet protocols and across many end-point device types
- What it takes to run a successful “premium” end-to-end ad sales operation both in traditional television and online ecosystems
- How to create a business and managerial framework for profitable consulting engagements
This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction with very senior clients and prospects so an ability to quickly grasp the key elements of the online video, TV and cable business and possess the leadership to effectively work within their organizations is absolutely necessary.
An ability to successfully manage a smart, diverse, and extremely ambitious team (existing and new) is critical.
This position will require extensive travel.
- 7-10 years of experience in consulting within a media or media-related organization, preferably having managed a consulting team.
- BA/BS in Business/Engineering/Finance (top school preferred), MBA preferred
- Track record of outstanding performance and advancement
- Proactive business “owner” with a focus on getting the job done
- Strong strategic, analytical, project management, and financial analysis/modeling skills
- Ability to discuss technical matters in layman’s terms and clearly articulate thoughts, vision and direction, with significant expertise when presenting to executives
- Highly practical with excellent business judgment
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve productive results
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?