Canvs is a language analytics company that measures emotions about content. We leverage our patented technology to accurately measure and interpret emotions, using only commentary from social media, with a breakthrough expertise in understanding non-traditional language. Launched in 2014 and based in New York City, Canvs has become the trusted Emotion Measurement partner for Fox, NBC, Vevo, Warner Bros, Vice, and many others.
We are looking for a smart, driven, innovative leader to cultivate, manage and enhance our subscription sales efforts in the emotion measurement industry. The role of the Vice President is to identify and nurture leads, hire and train staff, design and drives sales methodology, build a structure of sales goals form the ground up for the subscription sales team and then deliver on target on time. This position reports to the CEO.
- Capture and report meaningful customer insights and experiences to internal staff; Effective communication with Client Services, Product and Engineering teams.
- Work with peers in Client Services, Business Development and Product Development to understand the Canvs strategic direction and the potential impact to Subscription Sales.
- Extend the transparent methodology of our product, our “can do” culture and vibrant in-house community where smart creative risk taking is encouraged.
- Nurture the Sales Development Representative role into an impactful component of the sales organization.
- 10+ yrs of subscription sales experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a digital advertising and entertainment environment.
- 3+ yrs in the social listening environment with a solid grasp of listening tools (preferred)
- A deep understanding of the online media environment including Twitter TV, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram etc.,
- A comprehensive knowledge base of traditional media companies, ad agencies, publishers, brands and the ad network ecosystem
- generation in a startup environment. Consistent over achievement of sales goals.
- Track record of sourcing and closing complex Saas sales in the online media and Saas ecosystems.
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation promote enthusiasm and motivate strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong executive communication and presentation skills
- Extremely organized and highly motivated
- Experience negotiating technically complex relationships
- Quantitative orientation
- BA/BS degree required, MBA desirable
- Must be based in NYC
- Competitive salary and commission based on experience, skills and qualifications
- Generous stock option grant
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, 401K plan with 3% match, tuition reimbursement, unlimited vacation, and more to come.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V Employer