Tabbed as the “Future of the Streaming Industry” by Billboard, Stationhead is a breakthrough technology, in partnership with Apple Music and Spotify, that allows anyone to have a radio station from their phone anywhere in the world. We are the only service that allows users to customize their own stations that run 24/7, talk live ON air at any time, call on friends around the globe, and control the music. The key value drive for the industry is that every listener within a station counts as an individual stream on Spotify or Apple Music. We have established unique partnerships with major companies across the music and entertainment industries that will ensure we shake the world when we launch in March. We reignited the experience around music and built a social network on top of where the music industry makes its money – streaming.
- Music Startup Roundup: Stationhead, Vezt And Rednote – Forbes
- Stationhead allows anyone to become a streaming radio DJ, with live listener calls – TechCrunch
- New App Stationhead Could Be Just What the Streaming Business Needs – Billboard
- MusicAlly calls Stationhead the top music startup to watch in 2018 – Musically
Reporting to the Executive Team and based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn the Lead UX Designer will play an instrumental role in designing Stationhead’s mobile platform and user experience. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Most importantly we will be looking at your portfolio and we want to see
- Experience in designing for and understanding target users
- Real product design, not single pages
- Understanding of current trends and design patterns
- Usable and highly functional interaction flows
- Understanding of the power of subtractive design, visual harmony, and subtle elegance
- Own UX/UI/Visual Design, user discovery, research, design and usage analysis for our most important mobile product
- Partner with Product Lead to define, debate, defend, iterate, and communicate strategy and roadmap
- Bring deep knowledge of best practices to design for the full life cycle, from requirement refinement to full fidelity prototypes
- Work with 5 development team members to get the technical business needs met while ensuring that the user experience is the top priority
- Lead usability sessions and interpret market data as you move business requirements into functional design, keeping the user as the champion along the way
- Focus on delivering visual designs using wireframes, workflow diagrams, and interactive mockups
- 5+ years owning the design of user experiences, and interaction design, for rich, interactive, consumer or enterprise, web applications
- Work experience in start-ups, or start-up like environments
- Articulate in current trends in design patterns
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design skills, disciplines, and principals, as well as an eye for subtle detail
- Ability to quickly understand and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions
- Evidence you thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Show an online portfolio of recent UI and UX work
- Bachelor’s Degree + HCI – Human Computer Interaction degree or related experience would be great.
Working at Stationhead
The culture and ethos of Stationhead was born out of two childhood friends (Ryan and Jace’s lockers were next to each other in Junior High). This long-standing friendship has inspired a closeness and comfort within the company. Music is our lifeblood and we often compare our story to a rock and roll band. (Ryan and Dan, our lead developer, actually played together in a band on the road for 8 years). Passion, innovation, collaboration, and hustle are our team ethos. We are building something for a generation that will be connected in ways they have never been, and that pushes us every day.
Everyone deserves a voice, and Stationhead’s mission is to ensure that happens. We are taking the AIR back and turning the world ON. We hold tight to that vision every day and support each other on and off the field like a family does.
Benefits / perks
- Competitive salary
- Growth opportunities
- Make a major impact on the business
- Entrepreneurial, exciting, and fulfilling work environment
- Health benefits
- Free Coffee
- Music is always allowed