Sr. Director – Product (SAAS)
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence (AI/ML) to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country.
Urbint predicts threats to workers and critical infrastructure to stop incidents before they happen. Leveraging real-world data and artificial intelligence, Urbint’s software delivers a clear picture of risk up to a week in advance, so decision makers can take action in the right place, at the right time, before an incident occurs. Many of the largest energy and infrastructure companies in North America trust Urbint to protect their workers, assets, and the communities they serve.
Reporting the VP Product, the Sr. Director – Product will lead the strategy definition and build of the Urbint SaaS Operational Risk Platform that will enable Urbint to scale our products across customers and seamlessly integrate with customer enterprise software systems. You will build and lead a high performing team of Product professionals that is focused on empathizing with the problems of our customers and building software to deliver value as quickly and scalable as possible.
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategy definition and build of the Urbint SaaS Operational Risk Platform
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Create and foster a work environment where people with different ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued, utilized, and welcomed
- Define, represent and communicate Urbint SaaS product platform strategy to all stakeholders
- Create product roadmap and strategy for a product or line of products
- Monitor product development sprints and evaluate results
- Build incredible teams and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of customers
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers and designers
- Lead collaboration with cross-functional teams from Product, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and Implementation Teams to translate the product vision and feature requests into shippable solutions
- Evaluate new technology and incorporating it into existing products or creating new products based on new technology
- Identify new product opportunities for existing customers and markets through customer engagement, industry research, ideation sessions
- Assist Product Marketers and Sales Managers to position and message Urbint products
Who You are
- 8+ years of experience defining, building, and shipping software, especially B2B / Enterprise SaaS
- 3+ years experience leading teams of Product Managers and /or product designers
- Bachelor’s Degree in with a technical and/or science background. MBA and/or Master Degree a plus
- Experience building software standardize and streamline integration into other Enterprise
- Familiarity with AI, machine learning, or statistics, and a comfort implementing those topics in technology solutions.
- Experience supporting software applications that support field employees in the Utilities, Energy/or Infrastructure industries a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced culture where change and adaptation is embraced
- Personable, empathetic, and excellent at building strong relationships with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders from across the business.
- Strong communication, presentation and relationship management skills. Have the ability to effectively communicate to both internal and external stakeholders at the senior management to day to day project operator levels.
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time (during non Covid times)
- Mission-driven – some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks; we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- 100% remote – work from almost anywhere
- Remote work monthly stipend
- Competitive compensation package
- Your health matters to us, so we offer a 100% employer-paid option
- Health perks – wellness reimbursement
- Educational allowance – up to $1000 /yr
- Weekly lunch stipend
We’ve always been and continue to be 100% remote with 140 employees and growing. With our most recent Series C funding in 2021, our total funding is north of 100M.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
RECENT PRESS – Other amazing new hires!
Betterment COO Dustin Lucien joins URBINT