SVP Service Delivery (Tech Ops)
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation.
We invented the Medidata Clinical Cloud® which is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for over 90% of the world’s top global pharmaceutical and medical-device companies – from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. We are publicly traded (MDSO), have 850 customers with retention rates at 100% and a revenue run-rate of over $500M in 2017. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 12,000 clinical trials to date giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win and therefore we are committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with 1600 employees.
Medidata is looking for an outstanding executive with exceptional customer service orientation to Head our Global Service Delivery organization as the SVP Service Delivery! Opportunities like this are a rarity, don’t miss out! This position reports to the EVP/Chief Technology Officer.
- Enhance and maintain Medidata’s global infrastructure for scale, performance, security, compliance, and availability
- Direct and lead 24/7 network operations center and all technical operations supporting internal R&D and production services hosted in our private data centers and public cloud
- Build and lead a high-performance team through effective hiring, coaching, and growth & development
- Ensure processes, tools, and automation are efficient, effective and scalable
- Drive planning, budget development, and strategic priorities, working within the engineering and technology leadership team to shape and execute operations strategy to meet business objectives
- Drive development and execution of technology infrastructure initiatives and optimize infrastructure and support systems
- Collaborate with executive leadership and other business groups to increase the effectiveness of operations projects, programs, and communications
- Develop and support strong cross-functional partnerships with Technical Support, Security & Compliance, Development, Testing, Product, Customer Success, Professional Services and Corporate IT
- Passion for building world-class infrastructure that supports a global customer base
- Assertive, take-charge, proven manager, team player with a strong results orientation, positive “can do” attitude, and a sense of urgency to get things done
- Highly motivated, methodical and self-directed individual
- Proven execution skills and ability to successfully execute against strategy in cooperation with other functions
- Strong background in regulated/validated environments with compliance requirements (ISO, SOC, FISMA, MHRA, FedRamp, GDPR, etc.)
- Ability to lead and develop technical and operational excellence with a focus on DevOps approach to achieve agility, speed, scale and efficiency
- Experience operating in/providing oversight in an Agile project environment
- Ability to apply both technical competence and interpersonal skills to achieve business outcomes
- High emotional intelligence, sound temperament and professional attitude
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in system, database, and network engineering
- Extensive experience in delivering services using SaaS, PaaS and IaaS in a hybrid cloud environment
- Extensive experience with system, network, and database operations
- Experience with implementing operational frameworks
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization
- Inspire, empower and motivate the organization and individuals, leading by example
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 15+ years of experience building and leading a growing technical operations function for cloud products.
- Bonus points: Experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn’t happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.