Location: Position based in New York with global responsibilities
The SVP, Product Management of Xaxis will lead the strategic vision of product development globally, defining and implementing the overall product strategy to aggressively drive new and existing products forward in the marketplace. The SVP, Product Management will be responsible for evangelizing the product management culture at Xaxis, anticipating and leading change within the organization, as well as equipping staff to respond accordingly.
The SVP, Product Management works closely with the COO to develop and execute goals and strategic plans. In addition, the SVP serves as a key stakeholder to Xaxis technology and business operations teams, guiding the application of proprietary or external technology across products and helping design and implement process improvements.
Overall, the SVP, Product Management has accountability and oversight for managing the development, commercialization, adoption and performance of Xaxis’s products globally.
At Xaxis, you will collaborate with a group of quick witted, humorous, and extremely dedicated coworkers and clients who are all passionate about digital media. The Xaxis work environment is inviting. You will work in an open modern space where you will often find groups in casual brainstorming sessions sharing ideas and strategies for new initiatives. Everyone has a voice at Xaxis, and we are open to new ways of thinking, especially those that will contribute to the overall success of Xaxis. Opinions and ideas are always welcome, in fact, they are encouraged!
We believe in the power of digital media to transform the way businesses and consumers can interact. You must believe as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Leading the Organization
- Lead product development and strategy sessions with internal staff to plan and implement new product offerings as well as manage products in market.
- Develop product strategy and establish product development processes, best practices and policies.
- Evangelize a product management culture within Xaxis.
- Expose and teach traditional and emerging product concepts and philosophies in a cross-platform environment.
Delivery of Business Outcomes
- Accountable for a nine figure book of business, managing budgets and resources accordingly, exceeding expectations for growth and delivery of billings and revenue goals at a global scale.
- The SVP, Product Development directly manages an extensive, global Product Development Team, consisting of 4 senior direct reports and a host of regionally based product developers, marketers and implementers at varying levels of seniority.
- Mentor direct reports to support their career development and performance within the organization. Provide guidance and establish priorities for each direct report.
- Build out the product organization within Xaxis, planning and staffing for growth in accordance with business goals and product roadmaps.
- Regularly meet with regional directors, and senior leaders within the organization to discuss staffing concerns, work performance, training needs and other human resources matters.
Building Key Relationships
- Speak at important industry events and panels to establish credibility and thought leadership within the digital media business.
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders of each GroupM agency to ensure satisfaction with Xaxis product offerings and discuss future business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Gather and analyze information about trends in the industry and needs of our clients; develop recommendations to allow the company to adapt to changing customer behavior and new technologies.
- Write articles and blogs for leading industry and trade publications.
- Graduate degree in marketing, economics, mathematics, statistics or related technical field is preferred; MBA and/or PhD is highly preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience working in a leadership role within product management; at least 5 years within the digital marketing industry
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing technology and platforms, including analytics, data warehouses, data management platforms, RTB, ad serving, DSPs across several digital media channels. (display advertising, video, mobile, social, etc.)
- Leading edge thinking and risk taking is required. Shall possess the leadership skills to influence others in a matrix organization and infuse them with a passion for the proposed products and services.
- Substantial experience working with broad cross-functional teams with ability to influence the opinions of internal constituencies, executives, clients and partners to adopt new strategies and take action.
- Exceptional communication skills to convey technical and advanced concepts in precise and clearly understandable terms.
- Strategic vision to predict new trends in digital marketing and implement sound strategies to capitalize on new business opportunities ahead of our competitors.
- Proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and to be able to make good judgment when faced with trade-offs.
- Willingness to travel (approximately 35%)
Xaxis is a global digital media platform that programmatically connects advertisers and publishers to audiences across all addressable channels. Xaxis combines proprietary technology, unique data assets and exclusive media relationships with the brightest team of audience analysts, data scientists and software engineers. Advertisers working with Xaxis achieve higher ROI from digital marketing campaigns. Publishers deliver relevant content and advertising to new and valuable audiences. Xaxis works with over 2,700 clients across 32 markets in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
For more information, visit www.xaxis.com.