WeWork is the community for creators. They transform buildings into beautiful, collaborative workspaces and provide infrastructure, services, events and tech so their members can focus on doing what they love. With more than 16,000 members spread over 32 locations, they are expanding rapidly to new locations and markets, both domestically and internationally.
The success of WeWork is the result of a collaborative effort by a group of talented and outstanding team members who challenge convention at every opportunity and take pride in building community.
Job description & responsibilities
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, OC Connectivity, printers, Firewall, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting all infrastructure hardware, software, and peripheral devices
- The Sr System Engineer III is responsible for all IT Infrastructure, Juniper and Cisco hardware, all connectivity on the network and systems and make sure all infrastructure are secure against physical and logical threats
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 12 years equivalent work experience
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- 10 years experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- 8 years direct management of a network operations team
- Technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Cisco, Juniper, VOIP, Content Filtering, etc
- Experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, firewalls, IPS/IDS, switches, hubs, OC Connectivity, SMF, etc.
- Extensive experience configuring Cisco IOS 12.2(x) and later, Cisco PIX and ASA and Juniper MX Series
- Experience configuring Cisco router model series 2600, 2800, 7200 and Cisco Catalyst switch model series 2900 and 4500
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, FTP, OSPF, BGP.
- Experience with SAN hardware and setup
- Experience troubleshooting network traffic flow problems using protocol analyzers
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles
- Experience installing network cabling and patching telephony systems
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws (SOX, PCI)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment