Our client is an established and growing investment management firm with over $15 billion under management (in traditional and hedge fund strategies). We are seeking a versatile ‘can do’ Database Engineer, who will report to the senior technology management, to join their New York office. This is a contract position with an expected duration of 6-12 months.
This position is responsible the execution of a data-centric project including raw data processing, migration and reporting as the firm shifts their system from front-end to back-end processing.
- Manage database migration, archiving, and conversion strategies
- Consolidate and translate Fund Admin data
- Provide technical expertise in product management and BA as needed
- Implement and directly support various business need applications
- Must have 3-5 years hands-on engineering experience
- Must have extensive experience with raw data processing
- Must be highly proficient in BB Script, Perl, Python and SQL
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience is required
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and highly responsible for maintaining time critical projects schedule
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism and be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-evolving environment