Founded by a team of executives from the world’s leading technology companies, FreeWheel is building the media operation platform for the unified television market.
Companies including ABC, AOL, DIRECTV, ESPN and NBC Universal depend on our robust advertising management/ monetization platform, leverage our private marketplace for premium television inventory, and seek out our advisory services, so they can generate revenue from their ad-supported content.
We’re adding to our dynamic team of energetic and creative thinkers who enjoy coming to work everyday …because they get to do something great!
About the opportunity
FreeWheel is hiring a New York based Senior Data Architect, who reports to the SVP of Engineering. FreeWheel helps the television industry generate revenue from their premium content through a robust technology platform, which enables consumers to watch entertainment on any device from PC, mobile, set-top box to traditional TV. FreeWheel’s New York Engineering Team is part of our global engineering team responsible for building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to manage million dollar deals, handle billions of daily requests and process terabytes of raw data everyday.
- Design, build, maintain and scale the data pipeline and infrastructure of a world-class SaaS platform.
- Be hands-on in design, coding and testing to guide the team by example.
- Work with a smart, diverse and fast-growing New York based Data Engineering team to deliver all releases on time with high quality.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand, document and prioritize key technology decisions, processes and business needs for data.
- Partner with the Data Science team and business teams to adopt best technical practices for business and research requirements.
- Interface with Global Engineering, Operations and Product teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
- Build the technical identity of the engineering team both inside and outside the company.
- Proven, experienced architect and technical leader in data engineering.
- Experiences in a mid-to-large sized team in a dynamic organization with a mature process.
- Hands-on experience with the design and architecture of a big data pipeline and infrastructure with Hadoop stack (YARN/Kafka/HDFS/Presto/etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL, preferably MySQL and Redis.
- Experience with BI, data warehouse and analytical systems, preferably MicroStrategy/Tableau/Looker
- Experience building B2B enterprise software is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the team and establish efficient and sophisticated communication with both technical teams and business oriented groups.
- Known for smart, logical thinking and being detail-oriented.
- Flexible with the ability to work well in a global, team-oriented culture and environment.
- Technology-oriented, keeping up with the most cutting-edge relevant data technology directions.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant major along with equivalent experience.
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now? Apply here!
We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. At this time, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes, please. Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing inquiries. FreeWheel is an equal opportunity employer