FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior endtoend technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory
services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in
Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
FreeWheel is hiring a New York based Revenue & Sales Operations Senior Associate, reporting to the Director, Revenue & Sales Operations. This team is responsible for overseeing global business operations within the FreeWheel Markets Business Unit and driving revenue growth by leading crossfunctional strategic initiatives and major partnership efforts. This involves the design and implementation of global KPI’s and dashboards across all functions, process definition and implementation, publisher and demand deal approvals, assessment and ownership of prospective partnerships, and comprehensive business reviews within the FreeWheel Markets Business Unit. This function will be responsible for recommending and implementing strategic improvements to drive additional publisher and buyside revenues, decrease operating cost, improve sales operations efficiency, and enable increased Engineering and Product Management output.
This role will require constant collaboration with all functions in the BU, including DSP and Trading Desk Sales, Account Management, Publisher Sales, Product Management, and Engineering. It also serves as a central point of contact for shared FreeWheel corporate functions (e.g., Finance, Legal, Marketing) to obtain performance metrics of the BU. The focus is to provide increased visibility to the Markets BU and FreeWheel/Comcast executive leadership on overall business performance and be a leader in implementing operational and strategic improvements to drive revenue.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Design, implementation, and monitoring of Global KPI’s and development of executive facing dashboards to track
performance of the FreeWheel Markets Business Unit across all functions. This includes, but is not limited to areas such as: sales cycles and CRM (both demand and supply), pipeline management, client acquisition, gross margin, operating costs, headcount, sellthrough/fillrate, DSP/Trading desk/Publisher performance, regional performance, client service, and engineering outputs
- Owning comprehensive business reviews to report on BU performance, as well as recommendations on and
implementation of operational improvements
- Lead the review, analysis, contract development, and commercial discussions with of potential 3rd party partners within the Markets BU
- Supporting the Markets BU Deal Approval Desk, which includes supply (Publisher) and demand (buyside). Support
creating guidelines and rate cards for FreeWheel Markets service offerings. Collaborate with legal in defining of set of contract templates that can be used for different market segments and customer needs
- Financial consolidation and performance reporting to key FreeWheel corporate functions and Comcast leadership
(e.g., Business Unit GM’s)
- Key sales operations responsibilities, including process definition/implementation, rate card/pricing analysis, and pipeline management in coordination with leadership across all functions in the Markets BU
- Supporting the delivery of specific global revenue targets by participating in crossfunctional strategic initiatives to enable increased deal and revenue flow
In order to be successful, this person must thoroughly understand:
- FreeWheel’s technology, service offerings, capabilities, and organizational structure
- The programmatic ecosystem and how various parties involved work and interact (e.g., SSPs, Ad Servers, DSPs, Trading Desks, etc.)
- How to extract and analyze complex and diverse data
This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction with FreeWheel senior leadership. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly connect the dots between all functions with the goal of executives looking to you for advice and guidance.
This position will require some international travel
- 3+ years digital experience at a programmatic advertising company, online publisher, or media/tech focused management consultancy
- Indepth understanding of the digital video advertising market and metrics, strong familiarity with the competitive landscape and operational models of Ad Serving Companies, Supply Side Platforms (SSPs), and Demand Side Platforms (DSPs)
- Proven experience working with complex datasets and building tactical and executive facing dashboards
- Ability to independently structure and build presentations at all levels of insight across all functions (e.g., executive level strategy, indepth data readouts, painpoint identification)
- Ability to connect the dots between functions, identify areas for operational improvements through quantitative analysis, and drive implementation of recommendations
- Strong financial analysis skills, ability to extract data where it may not be readily available, and interpretation of complex metrics into actionable insights for revenue driving / cost saving decisions
- Excellent business judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills that result in the ability to work effectively and efficiently across all functions in the business (sales, account management, support, product, engineering)
- Experience with international media and advertising ecosystem a plus Passion for building new businesses and working in a rapidly changing market
In addition, we highly value individuals who are:
- Highly motivated to work for a leading growth technology business
- Optimistic with a strong sense of humor
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun every day because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer