Program Manager has day to day responsibility in coordinating software development, rollout and long term evolutionary activity for all systems including the Tablet Based Anesthesiology Record Development Project (“TBAR DP”) outlined below. The Program Manager must have excellent organization, oral / written communication skills and have been involved with the full lifecycle development of major systems and their related project management.
While the Program Manager will be responsible for all development projects, the initial focus of this position will be the TBAR DP. Specifically, the Program Manager will be responsible for the following aspects of the TBAR DP:
Across all phases of TBAR development, the Program Manager will:
- Track progress against plan,
- Coordinate communication between NAPA and the development, rollout and care team,
- Lead the review of deliverables,
- Track issues and resolution, and
- Report progress and issues to the Steering Committee.
The specific tasks of the Program Manager will vary by phase.
The Program Manager (PM) will participate in the discovery sessions:
- Make sure that the NAPA requirements are expressed and captured,
- Track open issues,
- Coordinate meeting schedules, and
- Attend all meetings (where possible).
During discovery, the PM will gain an understanding of the system and start to develop an outline for testing.
The Program Manager will participate in the design sessions:
- Coordinate the NAPA review of the design documents,
- Capture changes,
- Make sure changes are reflected in updated design documents,
- Coordinate and attend meetings.
- Assure that the product design is vetted and accepted by NAPA.
During the design phase, the PM will expand on the testing outline and develop a list of NAPA tasks for future phases
During development, the Program Manager will
- Lead review of the completed “streams”,
- Produce and execute a detailed test plan,
- Plan the rollout.
- Coordinate internal resources with vendor leading to activities delivered on-time against project plan.
This phase will require the focused attention of the Program Manager
During deployment, the Program Manager will
- Coordinate and track the rollout,
- Monitor training, provide expertise, resolve issues, and
- Resolve issues where the system does not perform as expected.
- Drive adoption to a theoretical rate of 100% within a 6 month timeframe.
- Successful problem resolution support after rollout.
The Program Manager will measure and report on the adoption of the system.
Chief Information Officer
To be determined.
Key Interfaces – Internal
Executive Team, Clinicians, Steering Committee, Hospital Administrators
Key Interfaces – External
Technology and Application Support Vendors
Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year college diploma,
- MBA / MS preferred
- 10 years working experience with System Development Life Cycle of a business system,
- 5 years’ experience as a lead role within the System Development Life Cycle of a business system,
- Certification as a Project Management Professional preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with core software applications
- Excellent project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Working knowledge of current Internet technologies, such as web services preferred
- Working knowledge of network and operating systems preferred
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards preferred
- Working Knowledge of CENTOS, MySQL, NGENX, JAVA, Apple i OS preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.