We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on web application product designer to join our New York City -based Innovation team. This small team is charged with applying lean startup patterns to envision and prototype disruptive digital marketing offerings for small businesses. We value a strong focus on craft and tooling, precision and a passion for shaping a user’s experience into something transcendent. The small team is composed of experienced entrepreneurs, developers, designers and small-business experts! Our team culture operates like a start-up, but without the headache and we also benefit greatly from the ability to tap the larger Constant Contact organization for critical resources and guidance.
How you’ll spend your days
Working directly with the team and our customers to conceptualize, continuously deploy and measure web and mobile applications.
You’ll be expected to be able to deliver:
- Conceptual Sketches
- Low and High Fidelity Wireframes
- Production Quality Visual Comps
What we need from you
We’re looking for the proven ability to lead our design effort to:
- Think conceptually with a “startup mindset”
- Collaborate and innovate ruthlessly
- Serve as the UX SME
- Raw talent more than years of experience; however, the ideal candidate will possess 2 – 3 years field and/or start-up experience
- Understanding of front end development web technologies
Work in a fun culture that embodies the best of both worlds, a fast-paced start-up within a mature, public company! We are highly data-driven team looking for someone comfortable operating in a Lean Startup environment with design elements that reflect that. We are highly focused on creating a viral product that leads with design. We are committed to testing our way into most product decisions; sometimes the tests are product features others are design elements. Making software fun for our users has been one of our core values since launch.
What you’ll gain when you join us:
- A strategic role. Our design group informs and helps to shape our product strategy.
- End-to-end exposure. You’ll play a role in product definition and development from early-stage concept development and rapid prototyping, all the way to design detailing. We are agile, cross-functional, and collaborative.
- Ownership. You’ll have broad, deep ownership of key parts of our product and all of the responsibility that entails. You’ll work on multiple projects and you’ll have the ability to innovate.
- Collaboration. We’re an energetic and dynamic team. You’ll share and learn with your colleagues every day and constantly get better at being the best.