Founded 5 years ago, PledgeMusic puts music fans in the A&R seat by enabling them to support their favorite upcoming artist’s music projects. Artists connect with and build a fan-base like never before.
Reporting to the Head of Product and based in the heart of SoHo, the Lead UX Designer will play an instrumental role in designing PledgeMusic’s platforms and user experience. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Most importantly we will be looking at your portfolio and we want to see:
- Experience in designing for and understanding target users
- Real product design, not single pages
- Understanding of current trends and design patterns
- Usable and highly functional interaction flows
- Work with Product Managers to create exciting and usable user experience across multiple platforms
- Bring deep knowledge of best practices to design for the full life cycle, from requirement refinement to full fidelity prototypes
- Work with developers to get the technical business needs met while ensuring that the user experience is the top priority
- Lead usability sessions and interpret market data as you move business requirements into functional design, keeping the user as the champion along the way
- Be part of an iterative design process with appropriate documentation to support your design
- Focus on delivering visual designs using wireframes, workflow diagrams, and interactive mockups
- 5+ years owning the design of user experiences, and interaction design, for rich, interactive, consumer or enterprise, web applications
- Work experience in start-ups, or start-up like environments
- Articulate in current trends in design patterns
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design skills, disciplines, and principals, as well as an eye for subtle detail
- Ability to quickly understand and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions
- Evidence you thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Show an online portfolio of recent UI and UX work
- Bachelors Degree + HCI – Human Computer Interaction degree or related experience would be great.