PledgeMusic a global direct-to-fan music company, has retained Magnet Agency to secure Lead Platform Engineer for their New York offices.
Founded 4 years ago, PledgeMusic puts music fans in the A&R seat by enabling them to support their favorite upcoming artist’s music projects. Artists connect with and build a fan-base like never before.
Reporting to the CTO, the Lead Platform Engineer will play an instrumental role in refining PledgeMusic’s platform for scaling and executing the product vision.
Areas of focus
- Reviewing application architecture, identifying areas of monolithic design, mentoring team on code best-practices.
- Identify components that should be broken out into services.
- Scaling infrastructure to meet anticipated demand, load testing scenarios for anticipated traffic.
- Formulating security, backup and disaster recovery procedures to meet enterprise-level audit requirements.
- 10+ years of experience, and solid background in Ruby over the last 5 years.
- Strong understanding of scaling applications based on MySQL / Redis / Memcached / Rails.
- Experience with MySQL Database replication / query optimization, particularly with Rails-based apps.
- Knowledge of best practices related to security and disaster recovery.
- Experience working on a large-scale consumer or social networking site.
- CS Degree Preferred.
- Experience deploying/managing infrastructure on EngineYard or Amazon EC2.
- Familiarity with diagnosing performance bottlenecks with NewRelic/Blitz.io or similar tools.