Opportunities like this do not come along often. Firms like this are rare in the investment management community. This is truly a place to hang your hat. We are looking for a versatile ‘can do’ engineer.
Hiring firm is an established and growing investment management firm with over $15 billion under management (in traditional and hedge fund strategies), is seeking an Senior Software Engineer who reports to the Director of Application Development.
The Firm has an innovative, entrepreneurial environment dedicated to the open exchange of ideas and a constant improvement in processes. The position provides compensation commensurate with experience that is better than the leading Wall Street firms and offers an extraordinary range of benefits. Firm is an equal opportunity employer.
Incumbent is responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements across a variety of technology platforms. These applications support our Trading’s order management solutions, Portfolio Administration’s transaction accounting system, Finance’s partnership accounting and performance systems and Client Services CRM system.
- Implement and directly support various business need applications.
- Conduct compatibility testing between various applications and upgrades/patches.
- Cultivate and maintain successful relationships between the Information Technology Department and internal clients.
- 3-5 years in Financial Services industry with hands on experience supporting traders, portfolio administrators, portfolio managers, analysts and financial accountants.
- 3-5 years hands on experience resolving issues related to packaged and customized software
- 3-10 years programming language ( such as C++, C#, Java)
- 3-5 years scripting ( Perl, Python, Powershell)
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience required.
- Proven customer service/user support skills and experience working with employees at the highest organizational levels.
- Ability to multitask and manage small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, have a high degree of professionalism, be self-motivated, have strong desire to learn, and be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment.