Percolate has retained Magnet Agency to secure a Head of Global Communications to be based out of their San Francisco office or growing NYC Headquarters. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of ten years of experience in communications and media planning with a deep rolodex within advertising.
Percolate currently has 200+ employees globally with offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Chicago and Austin and is growing rapidly. Percolate is seeking an executive to lead the global communications function, encompassing PR, Media, Performance Marketing, events etc. and will lead and grow a sizable global team.
The Head of Global Communications will be shaping the story of Percolate in the press, through events, and other external communications. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing, innovative and thoughtful technology company. Ultimately this role is an advocate, a shaper, and a strategist for all things related to the Percolate brand.
Key components of the role:
- Media & Analyst Relations: Build relationships with media organizations, journalists and analysts across key constituencies.
- Events: There is an ambitious plan in place to execute exciting industry events. This role will lead these events from planning to day-of execution (with a team, of course).
- Thought Leadership: Create opportunities for the founders and other key employees to advance Percolate through speaking at industry events, guest blogging on influential sites and executive/employee profiles.
- Market Education: Grow the market, the Percolate audience (marketers, media, analysts, investors & future talent). It is crucial to understand where the market is currently and where Percolate is taking it.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience in communications
- A fluid and adaptable entrepreneurial spirit
- Deep understanding of brands and advertising: We aren’t necessarily looking for someone who comes from the advertising world, however having a deep understanding of how brands operate is crucial.
- Relationships with top-tier media contacts and a plan of exactly how to execute against our future plans will be necessary for success in this role.
- Belief that communications is relationship-based: We are not a transactional company and we treat media relations the same way. We want to build relationships with the media in the same way we’ve built them with brands– thoughtfully.
- Technical knowledge/understanding: We’re a technology company. You need to be able to interpret and explain how our technology works and what the value is to media in the same way we do with brands on a daily basis.
- Writing/editing ability: We luckily have a number of editors on staff, but you will be leading all Percolate communications and helping to ensure that our blog is always up to date as well as distributing writing to key outlets for publication.
- Team building/leadership: This role will build and lead our communications function from the ground up, therefore experience recruiting, mentoring and leading a global team is necessary for success in this role.
- Experience within international markets is highly preferred.
- IPO or acquisition experience is highly preferred.