Finance Systems Manager
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the strategy of the future direction Finance Systems
- Develop configuration and performance standards for network; and implement and monitor controls to ensure they are maintained
- Evaluate business needs, objectives, and goals, researching products available and designating procedures to best meet those needs.
- Develop plans for implementation of new projects, coordinating process with project leader. Provide well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability.
- Coach and direct network staff in operational activities to ensure compliance with departmental goals, objectives, and budget
- Review on a continual basis the department procedures
- Maintain awareness of changing trends and regulations which might effect the department and act on as required
- Make purchasing decisions based on bid pricing provided; monitoring to ensure that accurate records are maintained
- Develop and maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan for network
- Develop an annual budget, providing justification when needed. Review and compare actual results to planned budgetary performance, preparing reports reflecting those results.
- Ensure that systems utilize technology to provide staff with a fast, accurate, and secure method to access information, in order that members can be serviced in a highly efficient and effective manner. Ensure support is provided to “internal” staff in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
- Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field
- Minimum of ten years experience in Finance Systems
- Extensive experience in Local and Wide Area Networks
- Extensive experience with personal computers and software applications, including Lotus, Word Perfect, and other programs in use in finance
- Certified Network Engineer (CNE) required