At ActionIQ we’re building software solutions that are used by marketers every day to grow their business and empower how they connect with customers. We create innovative new technology that pushes the boundary of what a big data product should be. We work on a very tall stack, from optimizing database partitioning and indexing techniques to hacking on client side UI and pushing browsers to their limit. Come lead a team of top notch talented engineers working on the next generation of database technology and applying it to real world problems.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager who has managed engineering teams and worked closely with PM, Design, and CS teams. You will be working closely with engineers to execute and build a great product. As well, you will be responsible for growing the engineering organization while keeping our quality bar very high. Working closely with CTO, you will help define the technical culture, maintain high quality, and put the right processes in place to scale efficiently.
You will be working side by side with senior architects and product managers to define, plan, and deliver great products. You will be responsible for project planning, managing execution timelines, running engineering sprints. You will also play a key recruiter role, hiring engineers and other EMs.
- Strong technical background.
- Hands-on. Every engineer/manager writes code at ActionIQ, and you will too.
- Execute effectively in small teams at 20 person company as well as scaling with the company as it grows.
- Recruit, inspire, and develop team members.
- Encourage data-driven culture to improve quality across the company.
- Great personal skills.
- Bonus points if experienced managing other managers (2nd level manager).
- Encourage lean and efficient processes. We are an agile team utilizing techniques like two week sprints and quarterly OKRs.
- Competitive comp package including stock options
- Work with the smartest people in the industry
- Significant learning & career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing startup
- Flexible hours and no-vacation-tracking policy
- Top health insurance benefits
- Ideal NYC based location – Union Square