This is an incredible opportunity to join Intersection, backed by Sidewalk Labs/Google. This role is ideal for someone with deep strategic sales experience in retail. The ideal candidate will have this experience coming from either the agency side with a focus on retail clients, management consulting with a focus on retail clients or direct retail strategy experience at a large retail brand (s). The ideal candidate should have consultative selling ability but moreover be focused on client innovation and transformation.
The three core criteria we’re seeking for this key role:
- Comfortable in a direct selling, business development, or consultative selling role managing extensive inbound interest in engagements from top retail clients
- Background in retail industry or apparel & fashion, CPG (both online and in store, brick and mortar)
- Understanding of transformative technology (IOT, Physical/Digital) trends within retail
Here’s a snapshot of previous engagements in retail conducted as Control Group, prior to the merger to form Intersection:
The Director, Retail Sales will reporting to the Head of Client Strategy, Design & Technology.
Retail is a very broad category, ranging from big box to every kind of consumer based transactional business – all of these players have different opportunities to match the disruption happening around them.
In dense urban environments in particular where the speed of need is different, there are unique opportunities for retail. As a Retail Client Strategist, you will work with Intersection executives and team members from across the organization to expand our reach as a strategic technology partner for our retail oriented clients. You’ll be an integral part of efforts to develop, implement and manage customer and product solutions, including new program value propositions, customer experiences, operational innovations and technology.
You’ll be an integral part of efforts to develop, implement and manage customer and product solutions, including new program value propositions, customer experiences, operational innovations and technology. It’s an ideal opportunity to demonstrate and grow your strategy capabilities, help us and our clients learn and innovate, and become part of a growing, winning team at Intersection.
You will be responsible for working with key customer contacts at multiple levels. You will identify and align business, product and technology objectives, discover customer pain points, offer recommendations, develop budget strategies and recognize current and future needs.
It’s an ideal opportunity to demonstrate and grow your strategy capabilities, help us and our clients learn and innovate, and become part of a growing, winning team at Intersection.
- Develop relationships with C-level executives and client stakeholders to solve client challenges and maximize the value delivered by Intersection services
- Define project objectives, set key performance metrics, and establish project approach
- Lead the management of client accounts with outcome of high customer satisfaction, strong relationship retention and account growth
- Perform competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities in the marketplace
- Assemble strategic insights into presentation materials for clients
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that are changing our client’s businesses
- Lead or collaborate on client engagements on a day-to-day basis
- Be able to lead/execute expert interviews and client presentations
- In-depth knowledge of technology products and services
- Meet quarterly and annual sales targets
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s business environment and strategy
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
About the company
Intersection is the lead company behind LinkNYC, the largest and most advanced public Wi-Fi and street furniture network in the world. By providing up to 10,000 communication hubs for City residents and visitors with free public Wi-Fi, access to communications, information and municipal services across the City, Intersection aims to create an array of solutions to help make cities around the world more livable and connected.
Intersection is a technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds.
Our unique set of assets focus on leveraging emerging trends in technology to improve quality of life in cities as well as create products to grow and develop businesses. With 12 offices, media in 60 markets, and 500+ people across the United States, we carry expertise in:
- Technology & Innovation
- Advertising & Media
Our work spans across a variety of markets in cities, government, mass transit, airports and airlines, cultural institutions, retail, and telecommunication providers.