The Xaxis proprietary platform is the technology suite at the core of our business. Comprised of a mix of proprietary and licensed components, it powers our data collection, audience generation, targeting and optimization, creating efficiency, effectiveness and consistency for Xaxis globally. Our products leverage the platform in combination with product-specific technologies to deliver game-changing capabilities and performance.
The Director Engineering, Data and Audience will be responsible for providing leadership and managerial oversight in developing and executing the development and integration of key technologies to support the Xaxis data strategy globally.
This is a high profile position with a wealth of opportunities for professional and personal growth. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned technology leader who will be able to take Xaxis technology to the next level. The candidate will need to bring structure and agility to the data product-engineering group. S/he will need to be effective as well as passionate about the business, the application of technology to solve demand challenges and the vision for the Xaxis technology as it supports the global Xaxis data strategy.
This role will report to the EVP of Engineering and closely partner with the VP of Global Product Development – Data and Audience.
In 2015, Xaxis will launch a new suite of platform-agnostic digital performance marketing products with a specific focus on mobile enablement. Global Performance Product team will own the vision for our performance products.
At Xaxis, you will collaborate with a group of quick witted, humorous, and extremely dedicated coworkers and clients who are all passionate about digital media. The Xaxis work environment is inviting. You will work in an open modern space where you will often find groups in casual brainstorming sessions sharing ideas and strategies for new initiatives. Everyone has a voice at Xaxis, and we are open to new ways of thinking, especially those that will contribute to the overall success of Xaxis. Opinions and ideas are always welcome, in fact, they are encouraged!
We believe in the power of digital media to transform the way businesses and consumers can interact. You must believe as well.
- Leadership and day-to-day management of a multi-functional engineering group spanning many disciplines and areas of expertise, including architecture, front end & back end development, QA and project management
- Balance development, QA, and project planning activities which are often in conflict
- Keep to commitments, specifically dates and deliverables
- Cultivate a world-class engineering organization to deliver world leading digital advertising platform
- Coach, mentor and professionally development team
- Identify and retain first-rate engineering talent both with existing team members and prospective hires
- Establish strong culture and productive environment, achieve challenging organizational goals with sustainability
- Ensure the stability of the team whilst continually pushing team members to excel
- Successfully deliver large-scale continually evolving solutions
- Adept at managing the scope of development cycles via robust scope management processes
- Adept at working with the business to proactively communicate project status and collaboratively address issues as they arise, able to identify and take appropriate corrective action where necessary
- Able to align resources to the business direction, comfortable with evolving priorities and focuses
- Run a lean yet highly effective agile organization. Demonstrate an ability to do more with less, with a history of identifying and exploiting opportunities for efficiency improvements
- Strengthen processes while maintaining agility and velocity
- Establish strong relationships with the product organization as well as the vertical development teams
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of platform technology, best practices and state-of-the-art technology, specifically big data solutions such as Hadoop, CouchBase, Vertica etc. and service-oriented architectural approaches
- Understanding of the Java technology stack
- Deep understanding of BigData architectures and solutions
- Well-rounded technology professional with steady and strong career progression.
- Possess strong business acumen and an innovative edge.
- A track record of managing large engineering budgets, adept at estimating resource requirements for new projects and initiatives
- Firm understanding of continual improvement concepts and techniques
- Excellent up, down and across management skills, adept at communicating with and influencing stakeholders from across the engineering and business community
- Adept at organizational development and planning
- Experience managing diverse and distributed teams
- 3+ years of experience in the ad tech industry
- Willingness to travel abroad and domestically
Xaxis is a global digital media platform that programmatically connects advertisers to audiences across all addressable channels. Through the expert use of proprietary data and advertising technology along with unparalleled media relationships, Xaxis delivers results for over 2,800 clients in 40 markets across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East. Advertisers working with Xaxis achieve exceptionally high return on advertising spend through the company’s proprietary media products, as well as through its wholly-owned specialist companies, Light Reaction, Bannerconnect, and ActionX.
Xaxis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.