Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, “how did they do that?”-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Develop an 18 month technical strategy for Casper’s data systems
- Lead teams in evaluating new platforms, tools, and applications
- Manage a team of software engineers who build, maintain, and optimize a data warehouse
- Lead and participate in architecting technical designs for data models and flows
- Coach direct reports through professional development plans cultivating leaders underneath you
- Foster productive collaboration between disparate functions, teams, and departments
- Lead recruitment, evaluation, and closing of talented engineers
Our dream candidate…
- Has experience working with order fulfillment and logistics technology or e-commerce systems
- Highly motivated and pushes teams to strive for greatness
- Experienced in building and contributing to diverse and inclusive environments
- Has years of experience leading or managing software engineers
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into the code if necessary
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles…).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late…
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!