Casper has retained Brogan Search Partners to recruit an experienced engineering leader to take their client facing teams into the future of e-commerce.
In this role you will own the technology strategy for Casper’s frontend focused teams supporting business goals across physical and digital storefronts as well as our presence around the globe. You will work closely with technology leaders across the department to ensure a best in-class e-commerce experience for our customers.
Our ideal candidate will have several years of experience managing engineers, recruiting and retaining technical talent, have strong consumer facing industry experience and have strong background in software architecture, performance driven code, metrics, quarterly roadmaps, tools selection and competitive analysis. This role is not a hands-on coding role, but our ideal leader, who will report to a VP, will have strong exprience as an engineer who now focuses on planning and strategy with an eye towards architecture and testing.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, “how did they do that?”-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Own high level strategy and roadmaps for our front-end teams at Casper
- Build our front-end teams to tackle the challenges of a fast moving, modern e-commerce business
- Seek out new solutions to the challenges of a high growth e-commerce company
- Identify and vett opportunities to integrate with partners to solve business challenges that do not meet our organizational strengths
- Foster productive collaboration between stakeholders, both internal and external
Our dream candidate has…
- Has a technical degree or equivalent work experience
- Has a deep understanding of software engineering, browsers and modern tooling
- Is experienced in recruiting, hiring, and leading effective software teams
- Has a sturdy technical foundation and was a software engineer working on front-end projects in a past career
The syrup on your waffles
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles…).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you! And Summer Fridays.
- Paid 5 week sabbatical after you have been with Casper family 5 years.
- Generous Parental Leave.
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late…
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. Email Ryan @ BroganSearch dot Com to learn more