Founded over 60 years ago, ICA advises more than 400 Clients in a wide spectrum of industries that collectively spend billions of dollars for risk management products annually. ICA’s experience and industry reputation is unrivaled. ICA creates a best in class working environment and culture that inspires creativity and excellence.
Since 1956, ICA has grown from a small boutique insurance consulting firm to an independent and objective national risk management consulting firm comprised of a multi-talented, diverse collection of professionals, numbering almost fifty strong. Barron S. Wall, Managing Associate, and the current Associates have worked together for many years to grow ICA into the successful 3 generational independent service firm it is today. ICA is currently rated as one of the top risk management firms in North America, and with its nine Associates in five different offices, ICA serves a multitude of clientele both nationally and internationally.
ICA is engaged by its clients as their off-premises risk management department, or as outside advisors to those clients that have a full time department in-house. ICA is hired by and works only for its client, the insured party (policyholder). ICA does not accept any commissions from brokers, agents or insurance companies, or participate in premium savings. ICA is compensated by clients on a monthly flat fee, time and expense or project basis. In this regard, any savings ICA achieves for its clients are kept solely by their clients. Furthermore, ICA does not accept any engagements from the insurance community. Therefore, they are never faced with any conflicts of interest when it comes to negotiating on their clients’ behalf to reduce rates and tailor the program, which best fits their clients’ risk appetite and management philosophy.
Director of Business Development
Plans, directs, manages and coordinates all business development initiatives of the professional service organization, in performing the following specific Duties and Responsibilities. Position reports directly to the Managing Associate of the firm, with ultimate accountability to the Executive Committee.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute business development plans and programs, both short and long term, to ensure the continued profitability and expansion of the organization, commensurate with the annual revenue “targets” established.
- Prospect, qualify, close and scale revenue-generating relationships
- Negotiate expectations, terms, conditions, and services with new clients
- Develop presentations as needed to support new business and opportunity review with internal teams
- Build an effective consultative relationship with clients during the sales process, delivering high customer service
- Develop and negotiate complex proposals
- Establish, manage and implement marketing goals in conjunction with the organizational objectives.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, demographic and competitive factors in the overall marketplace and business segment, in order to maximize market opportunities. Additionally, and as to such business development programs, on a quarterly basis, report on and recommend the timely adjustment of these marketing strategies, to meet the ever changing market climate.
- Plan and oversee the organization’s advertising and promotional activities including print, electronic and direct mail outlets.
- Manage the organization’s networking activities and involvement in various Associations, Trade Groups and other Professional organizations.
- Update and monitor website content, including the evaluation and ongoing effectiveness of such media. Such electronic marketing efforts should additionally include the maintenance of the website, as well as the management of third party vendors responsible for “web analytics’, “SEO”, and other means of “social media”.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree with a Master’s or other Professional degree/ designation preferred.
- Seven (7) years in a business development function within a professional services environment.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and management skills, with strategic planning experience and a technological skill set preferred.
- Risk management / insurance background preferred.
- Experience working with Digital Marketing platforms/products such as Google AdWords, Omniture, DART