Select Equity Group is an established and growing investment management firm with over $15 billion under management (in traditional and hedge fund strategies), and is seeking a developer who reports directly to the Director of Infrastructure Management.
Select Equity Group has an innovative, entrepreneurial environment dedicated to the open exchange of ideas and a constant improvement in processes. The position provides compensation commensurate with experience that is better than the leading Wall Street firms and offers an extraordinary range of benefits. Select Equity Group is an equal opportunity employer.
You will split your time between a devops role (writing code to integrate systems, working on automation and deployment, configuring vendor applications, etc.) and software development (creating Angular2 based web applications for the business or creating custom “infrastructure-type” tools to process or monitor information). The role will support Trading’s order management solutions, Portfolio Administration’s transaction accounting system, Finance’s partnership accounting and performance systems and Client Services CRM system.
- Implement and directly support various business need applications.
- Writing and maintaining unit tests to conduct compatibility testing between various applications and upgrades/patches.
- Support and maintain existing code in various languages while continuing to improve them given the time and opportunity
- Cultivate and maintain successful relationships between the Information Technology Department and internal clients.
- 3-7 years hands on experience resolving issues related to packaged and customized software
- 3-7 years programming experience (Python preferred, but Java, Perl (object-oriented), or C# is acceptable)
- 3-7 years hands on with a relational database (MSSQL preferred)
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience required.
- Understanding Agile Methodology — i.e. Concepts of Kanban vs. Scrum, CI/CD Tools, IDEs, Unit Testing, etc.
- Proven customer service/user support skills and experience working with employees at the highest organizational levels.
- Ability to multitask and manage small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, have a high degree of professionalism, be self-motivated, have strong desire to learn, and be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Python 2.7+
- Perl 5.6+
- Windows XP/7/10
- Angular2 TypeScript (Nice to have)