Send an email to email@example.com to apply for this role.
adMarketplace, a self funded, highly successful ad exchange with stunning growth and 100+ employees in New York City with offices on Park Avenue, has retained Magnet Agency to secure a Data Architect.
We are looking for a truly dynamic leader with experience in any relational database who wants to be involved with a groundbreaking Modern BI/Database completely disrupting the search space. You will assist our migration from MySQL to NoSQL / Vertica. If you have want the cutting edge, we live it here.
This is a hands on leadership position who will manage a team of Python Developers and build and design Databases and related architecture across the AdMarketplace platform. This position reports to the CTO and is in charge of all data on the adMarketplace platform. The system currently manages 1.5 billion daily ad queries connecting thousands of advertisers and publishers and generates over a terabyte of data per day. This data is being constantly aggregated by the data collection framework and is made available for reporting and analysis on nearly real-time basis.
adMarketplace is a major proponent of Modern BI and will also be hosting meetups and furthering the knowledge share around these concepts and products such as Vertica and Greenplum among others. We seek someone with similar interests in Modern Business Intelligence.
- database logical design
- working with the DBA team for the physical design
- adhering to database corporate standards
- designing and coding data integration/replication
- data quality/integrity
- mechanisms to access structured data
- data warehousing
- data collection
The data architect will be responsible for developing and maintaining a formal description of the data and data structures – this can include data definitions, data models, data flow diagrams, etc. (in short metadata).
Data architecture includes topics such as metadata management, business semantics, data modeling, the mechanisms for assessing and providing data quality, as well as metadata workflow management.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of IT experience, with at least 3 years as DBA, Data Architect or Database Designer
- Strong experience with at least one of the following databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Postgres, Vertica
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB is a plus
- Strong conceptual, logical and physical data modeling and data architecture experience
- Experience with data warehouses, ETL process and BI tools is a big plus
- Experience with scripting languages such as python or perl and working knowledge of shell scripting
- Experience with identifying reporting and information requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with troubleshooting/solving database issues related to performance, stored procedures, configuration, and data discrepancies
Keywords: Modern BI, Business Intelligence, Data Architect, Data Structures, DBA, ETL, Ad Exchange, Ad Tech
adMarketplace is a profitable and fast-growing privately-held NYC advertising technology company looking for the best and brightest sales, analytical and technology talent. The Internet’s largest marketers and agencies rely on adMarketplace to deliver search performance outside of Google and Bing, on the leading platform exclusively built for search syndication.
adMarketplace is a top-tier company in a highly competitive industry. No job-hoppers, mass resume submitters or recruiters, please. We are only interested in candidates with a solid work history and strong references (which will be checked).