We’re recruiting a Senior Developer to join one of North America’s most successful and adored Consumer Internet companies. The Casper mattress was named one of Time Magazines most important investions and new devices, including connected devices like the Glow Lamp, provide signals for what’s ahead in Caspers roadmap. The new Casper HQ located at WTC3 is an incredible work environment with best in class wellness benefits and catered lunches.
Casper has an incredibly ambitious technical roadmap spearheaded by a newly recruited CTO who is focused on building a best in class full stack suite of technologies, not just elegant front end sites and apps.
This is a rare and exciting time to join Casper and this role in particular is special–the tech you’ll build will be used my many thousands if not millions of customers who experience Casper in retail settings.
Looking for a job to get you out of bed? This is the one.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our new Retail Operations team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for keeping Retail at Casper running smoothly. From building apps to open new stores more efficiently to launching tools to help our growing 50+ store fleet operate more successfully, you’ll play an integral role in how Casper Retail scales in 2020. Our ideal candidate is highly collaborative and is able to connect the dots between user needs and backend technology. They should thrive on autonomy and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a human way.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Champion solutions that help reduce operational inefficiencies in our New Store Opening process and improve how we support our Retail fleet.
- Lead the planning, execution, and release of new tools that help improve how we manage inventory in-store.
- Develop, pilot and iterate on applications directly with store teams.
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership as well as business stakeholders to identify new opportunities to automate and to develop applications across systems and processes.
Our dream candidate is…
- Knowledgeable about modern backend frameworks like Rails, Express, and their associated build systems.
- Well-versed in modern cloud platforms, like AWS, and their associated technologies.
- Builds solutions with the user in mind.
- Open-minded and values a team that is flexible with coding and configuration.
- A clear communicator that can explain complex problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proactive. You can independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities.
The syrup on your waffles
- Highly competitive salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles…)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!