Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Senior Data Engineer to join Casper’s Data Engineering team as we continue building our data warehouse and platform capabilities. Our vision to be the world’s most-loved and largest sleep company is supported by leveraging data and insights to drive the business forward. Data Engineering provides the platform that enables Casper to efficiently produce, manage and consume high quality data.
As an engineer, you will support the evolution of our data platform and analytics capabilities by driving how we process and model new data sets, develop/iterate on internal tooling and infrastructure, and support secure, scalable, and responsible data practices.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do…
- You will develop data workflows to ingest, validate, and model data to support analytics and business operations needs
- Be accountable for technical delivery and work with your team and stakeholders on strategy and execution
- Collaborate with other engineers and product managers in solving interesting and challenging problems across our systems
- Advance modern, agile software development practices and help build a culture of great engineering and organizational practices
- Learn. Learn from the team and on your own what you might not know about data infrastructure, business operations, and open source tooling to make you a stronger asset to the team
Our dream candidate…
- You have the following technical capabilities, developed through at least 4 years of relevant work experience:
- Python and SQL expertise
- Experience working with data modeling (star schema) and validation
- dbt and Looker experience a plus
- MuleSoft or AWS Lambda experience a plus
- Cloud platform & containerization experience (we use EKS on AWS)
- Experience writing Spark ETL jobs a plus
- Collaborative, independent-thinking, and detail-oriented in how you approach projects
- You appreciate the business context that drives the need for data solutions and love working on projects to support those efforts
- You have experience delivering timely, high quality data products and models
- You have a proven engineering background with experience developing data workflows and a good operational understanding of data operations, including processing, storage, quality and management (ML and streaming infra a plus)
- You have experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders and helping them understand the trade-offs to different product and technical decisions
- You care deeply about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and efficiency
Our Stack includes…
- AWS Redshift
- Postgres and Oracle databases
The syrup on your waffles…
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles…)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!