Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are actively recruiting a Mobile Engineer to join our Connected Devices (IOT) software team, helping Casper expand its product lineup to consumer electronic devices that help customers sleep better (think Casper Glow Light!). Casper has a history of delivering delightful, high-quality digital experiences to its customers, including mobile apps connecting to physical products. If you would like to play an integral part in building on that solid foundation, are motivated and inspired by working in an iterative environment with experienced engineers, and are passionate about building stellar mobile products, then we’d like to meet you!
This role is at the absolutely foreground of new technology at Casper working on highly secretive new products that will disrupt the market. Exciting to say the least.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work closely with Creative and Digital Product to launch new products and create delightful experiences that impress our rapidly growing customer base
- Collaborate with the firmware team in San Francisco to integrate software with our physical devices
- Lead technical decision making, software design, and establish/follow best practices
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in an agile, continuous delivery software environment
- Deliver high-quality, peer-reviewed Swift (iOS) and/or Java+Kotlin (Android) code, as well as review code written by teammates
- Set and achieve personal goals that further your technical and mentorship skills to level up the team
Our ideal candidate…
- Has 3+ years of experience building Android OR iOS mobile applications (both a plus)
- Communicates clearly and effectively with team members of all functions
- Is pro-active. You can independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities
- Is passionate about code quality, and has experience with writing unit tests
- Is familiar with the latest design patterns and guidelines from Apple and Google
- Has B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree
- Nice to have:
- Has experience working with connected / IoT products
- Has full-stack experience – e.g. building APIs for mobile clients and using/deploying AWS/GCP services
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles…)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!