Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Director of Operations Technology reporting to our Chief Technology Officer in our NYC headquarters. You will lead the technology teams, including 4 Directors, that align with the supply chain, wholesale, and finance functions of the business. You will lead integration of critical technology platforms, enabling Casper to maximize customer satisfaction. If you get excited about helping a business achieve consistently excellent results in the fast-paced environment of a high growth company, this job is for you.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions.
Our technology team is mostly in New York City at the company’s global headquarters, with some team members in Berlin, Germany.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Develop tech strategy and roadmap to deliver on Casper’s strategic goals of having a highly efficient supply chain and streamlined operations
- Execute a highly ambitious agenda in 2020 focused on supply chain excellence and process improvement
- Partner with key stakeholders including COO, CFO, SVP Ops, VP Wholesale, Global Controller, VP logistics to develop the tech operations strategy and roadmap, with Agile sprints at every stage of development
- Lead quarterly tech prioritization process, ensuring clear communication with various teams regarding objectives and deliverables
- Foster productive collaboration between disparate functions, teams, and departments across Casper global HQ
- Lead a team of engineering managers, develop & deepen leadership capabilities on the team
- Mentor and coach a larger indirect team inclusive of engineers and program managers, develop future leaders beyond direct reports
- Work with the People Team to build a diverse pipeline of engineers, program managers, and people managers to serve Casper’s future hiring needs
Our dream candidate is…
- 8-10 years experience building software and systems for operations and finance
- Experience in enterprise application integration
- Proven track record in omni-channel retail
- At least 5 years experience as a manager of people managers, proven track record of developing talent
- Savvy in navigating a complex stakeholder map
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
- Technical depth in at least one area connected to the systems on which your teams will be working. These are roughly:
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- An ERP system
- Batch and stream-based data processing, with specific knowledge of Kinesis and Mulesoft a plus
- EDI software
- Salesforce Service Cloud
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles…)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!