Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We’re recruiting a Security Engineer to help our growing technology team ensure our Customer and Employee information is as secure as possible. You will act as an expert on all things security across the engineering organization. If you’re interested in playing an integral part in building Casper’s foundational security, are motivated and inspired by working in a diverse technology stack with experienced engineers, and are passionate about things like zero trust, or threat modeling, then we’d like to meet you!
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Promote security within Casper
- Architect, deploy, and support security-focused tools and services
- Work closely with developers to give advice on secure development of new services and products
- Advise on risk assessment, threat modeling, and fixing vulnerabilities
- Triage and respond to security alerts
- Create new Security policies and procedures
Our dream candidate has…
- Strong experience as a Security Engineer with a diverse range of security experience (information, application, network, and IT)
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming or scripting language
- Comfort working in a technical development environment (e.g. Git, scripting, IDEs, Jenkins/Travis)
- Experience running a public bug bounty program for a public company
- Our ideal candidate also has experience working Application Security, securing IOT devices, and experience with cloud security (specifically AWS)
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles…)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!