Boostr is a venture backed enterprise software company building solutions for the media & advertising industry. Frustrated by generic, horizontal CRM products, the founders decided to build the platform they wish they had as operators at Yahoo. We started with a CRM platform that’s disrupting how media sales teams are managed resulting in time savings, increased forecast accuracy and revenue growth. Then we introduced an Order Management (OMS) product disrupting the market with the first omni-channel solution. Now we’re the only platform with a single CRM+OMS to manage the entire workflow. The best part, we’re just getting started and have an exciting roadmap of new products and features that will change the advertising world.
- We’re inventing what the future looks like enabling our customers to realize their GTM strategies
- 5 years young
- 60+ employees – 30 on technical team
- $13m + in funding, inclusive of a $7M Series A in July 2020, from Vocap Investment Partners, Bertelsmann Digital Media, Lightspeed, WGI, C2Ventures, Math Capital and the “who’s who” of media insiders
- We work with industry leaders – Buzzfeed, Outfront, Electronic Arts, Vevo, Complex, Match Media, Axios
- Growing over 100% YoY
We built this business using a leveraged engineering and qa team in the Ukraine. Then we hired a CTO to uplevel to a scalable, meta-data driven architecture. Now we’re going to build up technical leadership and expertise on-shore. Our near term goals include better quality, performance, augmenting Ruby with Node, upleveling the organization and building a dynamic metadata driven architecture..
The VP Engineering will hold team leads accountable for executing on these plans, specifically:
- Net negative bugs: Adapt process to chip away at tech debt and solve more issues than we create
- Tripled velocity: Velocity needs to scale with the significant team size increase. The VP of Engineering will focus on high-leverage process changes to help achieve operational excellence.
- Predictable estimations: No consistent process for measuring and estimating units of work. At its worst, this can lead to miscommunication and missed deadlines.
- Implementing Engineering best practices – better, consistent code reviews, design reviews, etc. We want you to make the whole workflow more effective and efficient.
- QA and testing approach: we need zero regression defects and reduced manual regression testing. Ideally any hotfix or major release utilizes only automated testing.
- App performance SLA: APM measured, error tooling is in place, now we need to hold team leads accountable to meet enterprise-level SLAs.
- Error budget: VP Engineering will define a formal process for error budgeting in Production.
- Secure SDLC – need to implement security best practices into our development processes in support customer requirements and SOC2.
- New Architecture rollout: We have a clear path to an exciting future architecture.
- VP Engineering will execute a plan so we are transitioned by a set date with clearly defined technical + business outcomes.
- Career growth management: VP Engineering will be responsible for helping formalize career growth, individual goals and 1:1s for team leads.
- Off-shore process streamlining: boostr works with an off-shore team that will transition from the core team to the augmentation team.. The off-shore engineers are just as passionate about boostr as those on-shore, however there are optimizations to managing off-shore which can have massive payoff for boostr.
Current/future team setup:
Currently, the engineering organization consists of engineers, QA, devops and PMO. In the future the onshore team will provide technical leadership and know how with Architecture, Engineering, QA and DevOps roles. These roles will lead onshore and offshore resources to support our high growth and innovative roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience working with eastern european development teams
- Defined and run processes for: SDLC, error budgeting, performance SLAs, test-driven development, sprint management
- Experience moving from generalized frameworks to specialized architecture
- Strong experience leading or building upon a test driven development culture (CI/CD, DevOps)
- Managed career growth for teams of 15+
- Been accountable for engineering organization goal setting and attainment
- Experience leading teams at organizations experiencing hyper-growth (Series A and beyond)
- 5+ years as team lead at 100+ person start-ups
- Defined career ladder, deployment strategy, best practices, on-call support, and internal documentation of infrastructure
- Strong applied technical background parlayed into engineering leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven player-coach for engineers
Nice to have:
- Fluent in Ukrainian or Russian
- Web app: Angular / NativeScript, Ruby on Rails, Nodejs, Postgres, Redis, Websockets
- Mobile: Angular / NativeScript
- Infrastructure – Google Cloud Platform
- Tooling: Selenium Webdriver, CircleCI, Jenkins, datadog
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous equity
- Competitive base salary
- Objective bonus incentives
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Benefits