AHAlife is the discovery shopping destination for curated lifestyle products from around the world collectively curated by their group of influential tastemakers. Magnet Agency has been exclusively retained by AHAlife to recruit a VP of Engineering.
The VP of Engineering will direct, manage and grow the engineering team and report directly to the President. AHAlife is executing an ambitious roadmap of exciting product developments, and looking for someone with an engineering background and proven track record of effective delivery. The VP of Engineering will manage a team of in-house and outsourced engineers and oversee system design, architecture, development, testing, releases and production maintenance. The VP of Engineering will work closely with the Product Management team to execute on requirements and designs for new site features. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on manager who can deliver high quality output against tight deadlines and wants to build a top-notch, high productivity and innovative engineering team.
The technology stack is comprised of Python, Django, MySQL, AWS, Solr, JQuery, CSS3, Git, Pivotal Tracker, etc. The team follows agile development practices and releases frequently. Our technology team consists of people from Google, Microsoft, Buddy Media, etc and our office space is a beautiful loft on Bond St in Noho.
- Manage and grow team of engineers in New York
- Manage outsourced development and test team
- Work closely with VP of Product Management to execute on projects in the roadmap
- Manage multiple projects progressing simultaneously
- Oversee system design, development and testing of all engineering projects
- Manage multiple releases a week
- Manage integrations with external systems
- Maintain and scale production infrastructure
- On call for production issues
- Improve development team processes and methodologies
- Set up processes to monitor and improve code quality
- Strong operational and project management skills
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- Track record of delivering high quality software on time
- Solid understanding of engineering process, project estimation and agile
- Experience with building scalable web applications
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience
- Minimum 5 years web experience
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Prior E-commerce, startup or Django experience are pluses
About The Company:
AHALife is backed by leading VCs with their most recent B Round raise of 10M+. AHALife is a growing team of 35+ with offices on Bond Street in NYC and is poised to disrupt a billion dollar luxury goods market. This is an incredible opportunity for a passionate technologist with deep expertise in consumer-facing web products. You will lead and manage technologists and should be savvy enough with code to be dangerous but not a day to day developer yourself by trade. You will work with senior management and marketing as well as the product team to ensure scalability and best of breed technology is in place to create a truly global marketplace.